Welcome pop pickers! We’ve been sending the hugely successful MoneyAware email to debt management plan (DMP) clients for two years now – how time flies!
We recently decided to look through our back catalogue for some of our most popular articles.
(Before considering an IVA as a debt solution, please make sure you fully understand the risks involved. More information can be found on our website.)
All these articles show that our readers are keen to keep their DMP on track and get debt free sooner rather than later. There’s a good mix of real life stories and practical advice about how to thrive on a debt management plan.
So, here they are in no particular order – our greatest hits!
- 9 debt myths busted! Can creditors send bailiffs? Can you go to prison for non-payment of debts? Does bankruptcy mean you won’t have to pay anything? In our newsletter we love to bust myths and misconceptions around being in debt.
- 8 questions every DMP client asks. We get asked a lot of questions about DMPs and some of the most common are answered in detail here: Creditors have rejected my offer; what do I do? Are creditors still adding interest and charges? My payment is going down; will creditors be angry? We explain all!
- 7 tips to help you pay off your DMP quicker. Everyone wants to get debt free as soon as possible and this blogpost gives some great tips on making your debt free day arrive sooner rather than later.
- My debt hell, and our debt help. A story from one of our clients, this in-depth article is in two parts. This article also looks at the way the MoneySavingExpert.com forum helped point the client in our direction.
- How I went from 36k in debt to being back in black. A true life story of debt freedom, original posted on the client’s own blog. The title says it all! ‘Lisa’ goes from being deeply in debt to finding her feet again. It’s an inspiring and very honest read.
- Full and final satisfaction from StepChange Debt Charity. Have your creditors ever offered to settle your debts for a reduced amount? Our debt management plan clients were keen to find out about our full and final settlements service.
- Can I get my creditors to freeze interest and charges? This question gets asked a lot. It’s a complex area and people are always keen to get to the bottom of interest and charges.
- Online DMP. The Online DMP area of the StepChange website is a brilliant service: you can change balances online and have 24/7 access to your debt management plan. It gives you back control.
- Online benefits checker. With massive changes to the benefits system coming in this year our benefits calculator has proved hugely popular in recent emails. During February 2013 it helped find an average of £182 per month extra in entitlements. Not to be sniffed at!
- 6 DMP survival tips. A really useful article that goes beyond the normal budgeting advice and into the nitty gritty of living on a DMP.
We hope you find the above blockbuster blogposts useful; there will always be more in the monthly MoneyAware newsletter. Sign up to make sure you don’t miss out!