Recently Bethany joined us while on work experience with StepChange Debt Charity. She wrote this article on what she’ll be doing this summer – and it’s a cracker!
I’m on my work experience placement today in the MoneyAware office so I thought I’d write down some of the best things to do this summer.
With the summer holidays coming up, here are my top ten fun things to do on a budget. These tips are what I’ll want to do over the next few weeks!
1. Fancy a thrill? Head to Alton Towers for a fun family day out. Experience the new rides for 2013. Save up to £11.55 off tickets if you buy them online, or even better, look on the MoneySavingExpert.com website for Cheap Days Out deals. Children under 4 go free!
2. Pack a picnic for a fun day out with friends. Head down to the nearest park with friends, make your own food and enjoy the sun while chilling out.
3. If the suns out, head to the beach! I don’t think anything can beat a warm day at the beach, building sandcastles, eating ice cream and finishing the day with fish and chips by the sea. Watch out for the seagulls though!
4. Have a garage sale. Spend a day getting rid of all the things filling up your bedroom that you’ve been meaning to get rid of for years. Have a laugh in the sun with friends while gaining a bit of money at the end of the day!
5. Visit Chester Zoo! Go and visit all the adorable animals at Chester Zoo with your family. You can get a fast track ticket for cheaper if you buy online, or get a family ticket for £59. You can also adopt an animal living at Chester Zoo. If you did this it would cost £55 and you would receive two free tickets to visit the animals. There is also onsite parking for free!
6. Go for a bike ride. I love to go biking! Enjoy the sun on your bike for a day. Spend a day catching up with friends. Bike for miles and even stop for lunch, and the best bit is it’s exercise as well as fun!
7. Try making your own ice lollies! I’ve tried this in the past and it’s a really fun thing to do (especially eating them at the end). Start collecting empty yoghurt pots or anything that you can freeze, fill them with whatever juice you like and put a lollipop stick into the middle and then put them in the freezer. Wait for them to freeze, then once they have sit in the sun and enjoy your masterpiece!
8. Flamingo Land. If you’re not keen on the thrill of rollercoasters go visit Flamingo Land and see the animals as well. Book online to get £7 off. Children under 3 years old visit for free!
9. Fly a kite! If you’re really stuck for things to do on a sunny day, make your own kite, design it and fly it! There are lots of kite-making ideas on the web.
10. Cool down. Invite friends round for a massive water fight, have fun, get soaking wet and cool down in the sun!
Hope you enjoy your summer holidays!